Nature News & Comment
Barry Myers would bring private weather-forecasting experience to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Nature News doi: 10.1038/nature.2017.22311
Plans to cut funding to a programme that recognizes and rewards excellence in research have met with criticism.
Nature News doi: 10.1038/nature.2017.22816
A long-planned effort to examine gene expression and gene regulation in all the major tissues in the human body across many people comes to fruition.
Nature 550 157 doi: 10.1038/550157a
Organic matter drifts down to the equatorial ocean floor in distinct patterns.
Nature 550 158 doi: 10.1038/550158b
The week in science: 6–12 October 2017.
Nature 550 162 doi: 10.1038/550162a
Project obtains tissues from recently deceased individuals to look for the origins of disease.
Nature 550 169 doi: 10.1038/550169a
Eric D. Green, Edward M. Rubin and Maynard V. Olson speculate on the next forty years of the applications, from policing to data storage.
Nature 550 179 doi: 10.1038/550179a
Malcolm Longair extols a long-heralded tome by Roger Blandford and 2017 Nobel laureate Kip Thorne.
Nature 550 185 doi: 10.1038/550185a
Mark Peplow surveys a gorgeous gala of reactions in Theodore Gray's new book.
Nature 550 186 doi: 10.1038/550186a
Barbara Kiser reviews five of the week's best science picks.
Nature 550 187 doi: 10.1038/550187a
Nature 550 188 doi: 10.1038/550188a
Nature 550 188 doi: 10.1038/550188b
Nature 550 188 doi: 10.1038/550188c
Nature 550 188 doi: 10.1038/550188d
Nature 550 188 doi: 10.1038/550188e
Postcards from the past.
Nature 550 294 doi: 10.1038/550294a
Ecologists catalogue bird and mammal populations as warming transforms Death Valley.
Nature 550 168 doi: 10.1038/550168a
How Anne Wojcicki led her company from the brink of failure to scientific pre-eminence.
Nature 550 174 doi: 10.1038/550174a
The agency's plan to reverse limits on greenhouse-gas emissions is likely to draw legal challenges.
Nature News doi: 10.1038/nature.2017.22813
Take-down notices “imminent” as lawsuit is filed alleging widespread copyright infringement.
Nature News doi: 10.1038/nature.2017.22793
NIH Funding Opportunities
- End-of-Life and Palliative Care Health Literacy: Improving Outcomes in Serious, Advanced Illness (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- End-of-Life and Palliative Care Health Literacy: Improving Outcomes in Serious, Advanced Illness (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- Human Subjects Mechanistic and Minimal Risk Studies (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- NIBIB Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant Program (R21) (Clinical Trial Optional)
- Sleep disorders and circadian clock disruption in Alzheimers disease and other dementias of aging (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)