Science RSS Feeds
Like hope, “Cosmos” springs eternal. That’s the message Ann Druyan is delivering with the news that “Cosmos,” the science-minded TV show pioneered by her late husband, world-renowned physicist Carl Sagan, is returning to Fox and National Geographic in the spring of 2019. “I would love for this show to be a kind of initiation experience for as many people around the world as possible, into the awesome power of science as a way to keep us from lying to each other, and lying to ourselves,” she told reporters today during a teleconference. “We are primates, and we lie,” said Druyan,… Read More
NASA wants to use X-ray navigation to guide robotic ships through outer space. In a first, the agency demonstrated its breakthrough technology in November of last year, paving the way for autonomous spacecraft in deep space.
A wild wolf has been found in the northern Belgian region of Flanders for the first time in more than a century, an environmental group said Saturday. "Our country was the only one in continental Europe to have not been visited by a wolf," since the animal began recolonising the continent, Landschap said. Overhunting, industrialisation and urban sprawl progressively led to the disappearance of the wolf from most of Western Europe since the beginning of the 20th century.
'It Will Be Transformational.' Kentucky Becomes First State to Adopt New Medicaid Work Requirement
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — There's a whole network of satellites, underwater robots and scientific tools watching for toxic algae on Lake Erie. But when it comes to predicting where and when harmful blooms will show up on the Ohio's rivers and reservoirs, there's still a lot of mystery.
Storm surges and tidal cycles caused record sea levels along the coast of the Netherlands last year, a Dutch marine institute has found. "The level has been rising gradually since 1890 by about 0.2 cm per year due to the melting of the ice and the warming up of the ocean," expert Fedor Baart, of the research organisation Deltares, said in a statement Friday. Sea and water levels are carefully watched in the Netherlands, as much of the country lies below sea-level and is protected from flooding by a series of defences such as dykes, sand dunes, windmills to pump away water and sophisticated barrages.
'Every Minute of Every Day Has Been a Nightmare.' Man Confesses to Decades-Old Unsolved Murder on TV
NIH Funding Opportunities
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for National Dental Practice-Based Research Network: Administrative and Resource Center (U19 Clinical Trial Required - Infrastructure )
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for National Dental Practice-Based Research Network: Coordinating Center (U01 Clinical Trial Required - Infrastructure )
- Notice of Change in Bench Testing Therapeutic/Indication Pairing Strategies (UG3/UH3) (PAR-17-465)
- Notice of Modifications for PAR-18-244 "Collaborative Innovation Award, Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Program (U01 Clinical Trial Optional)"
- Correction to the Application Forms Package issued for PAR-17-338 "Continuation of Existing Grant Based Epidemiology Cohort Studies in Heart, Lung, Blood, and Sleep Diseases and Disorders (U01-Clinical Trials Not Allowed)"